Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 3, 2011

March Madness

     I must confess that, as of late, I've been kinda grouchy. Lotsa reasons for that, I'm: mad because:
                                    * of the relentlessly grim weather.
                                    * it isn't Spring yet; I just saw my first robin today, for cryin' out loud.
                                    * of the paucity of meaningful sporting events - baseball has yet to 
                                       begin and football is over, leaving only the most unwatchable sport imaginable 
                                       basketball.
                                    * there is no real alternative to the mindless sedation that is network television.
                                    * gas prices continue to rise
    However, today my heart soared when a little slice of heaven was delivered to my door. Many of you know my deep, unfettered devotion for Lucinda Williams; today, her newest CD arrived, thanks to the good folks at Amazon.com - and despite the bumbling efforts of the USPS. But I digress - back to blue eyes.
     For those of you that have yet to discover this American treasure, here's a link to get you started http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucinda_Williams. I gotta tell ya, I'm definately mad for her. I guess I'm mad about a lot of other things but those rants will have to wait for future posts.
     I'll also have some details on the upcoming WV mission trip later this month. Peace.......

No comments:

Post a Comment